Saturday, December 22, 2007

Candy Cane striped knitted cap!


DSC_0535, originally uploaded by RhondaMHC.

I finished the candy cane striped knitted cap - pattern is from Susan B Anderson's itty bitty hats. It was a pretty quick knit and he striping was easy. I did adjust the pattern just a bit and tried to make the end of the hat longer and less skinny. As other people have said, the funny part is that the end of the cap stands up on end. I'm sure once I put the tassle on the end (I hate making pom-pom's) it will droop and look like a 'stocking' cap. I used Fantasy Dark Horse yarns worsted weight in red and cream. I really like this yarn - its a new favorite - although I've learned NEVER to steam it - it relaxed way too much and becomes lifeless and limp. This yarn is so soft and colors are great. The price is even better - 205 yards for $3-$5 per skein. I've not noticed any pilling and I sure hope the colors in this don't bleed. I'll let you know! What is the best knit wash you've used? Eucalan? Want a free sample of Eucalan to try out? Follow this link to the manufacturer's website for a free sample: http://www.eucalan.com/free_sample.php


Meanwhile, I've been enjoying my German smokers. No its not some gnome with a bad habit - I bought these on a trip to Germany and just love them. I didn't knit back then, but check out the little knitting lady sitting beside her German husband who is reading the paper. You put a little insence cone in them and scented incense smoke comes out of her coffee cup and smoke comes out of his mouth - as if he's smoking his pipe. I only take these out at Christmas but I sure do love them for some reason. I bought one for every family member - mostly they're Santas - but they have a whole slew of them in different characters. This one is mine. I also have a chimney with the buns cooking in the oven while a cat warms himself and watches over. Too cute. I took a few pics of them actually 'smoking' - you have to look close.



You have to see this one - the girl isn't that attractive - but who cares - its funny just the same!

https://shop2.mailordercentral.com/pinnaclepeaktrading/images/21617w.jpg

No comments:

Lainey's Lily Pie birthday tracker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker