Sunday, December 30, 2007

Something really different - roving appliqued sweaters!



I came across this site through ravelry and think this is just such a neat and unique idea. If it isn't unique - I've never seen it before - and I think its a neat idea for knitting. Not sure if you could do this on handknit sweaters that aren't felted. Artist Sara Rosensweet uses vintage adult sweaters and then cuts them up and makes them into children's sweaters. She was featured on Martha Stewart and this link is a video of her segment on Martha. A good thing indeed...she also has a shop on Etsy.

2 comments:

blueturtleknits said...

Your site is GREAT! Love the dog and the cupcake hat. Favorite things? Blue Sky Organic cotton yarn, any of the ZUMs soaps, my new makeup bag (given to me as a Christmas gift from one of my preschoolers), my cozy fleece blanket, and a good fantasy book. I also love coffee!
If you want to look for me one Ravelry, my id is...guess what...blueturtleknits!

Michelle said...

Rhonda, Please please post your cocoaswap questionnaire today! :-) We are past the due date for them being posted on your blog. Thanks!

Lainey's Lily Pie birthday tracker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker